Is it okay to move forward with a home purchase or sale without a home inspection? The experts don’t recommend it. Why? For one thing, the average cost of a home inspection is far less than any repairs you must make if you move forward with a home purchase with safety concerns or functionality issues. Keep reading to learn why a professional home inspection is a wise investment that can actually help you save money in the long run.
Why Do You Need a Home Inspection Before You Buy?
As a homebuyer, a qualified inspection can prevent you from paying out of pocket for repair costs. The home inspection may reveal issues you can use as leverage to ask the seller to either lower the sale price or pay for the repairs before you buy. Why pay down the road when you can identify the issue now and let the seller pay for it or adjust the sale price accordingly?
Plus, in some cases, the homebuyer decides the issues aren’t worth it and passes on the home altogether. It’s far better to know before the sale that the house is not in the condition you expect. Surprises are typically not a quality you want in your new home!
Reasons Not to Skip the Home Inspection
In today’s economy, people are always looking for ways to cut costs and avoid paying for unnecessary services. But, in nearly all cases, investing in the home inspection is well worth it. Here are the top reasons not to skip it:
- Get the big picture on the property’s condition (not just how it appears on the surface).
- Detect safety issues like carbon monoxide, mold, and radon.
- Get peace of mind and protection if you are purchasing a home that was a foreclosed property.
- Have a sale price negotiating tool; you can request a price reduction or ask for repairs, using the inspection report as leverage.
- Determine a plan for future investments into the property’s repair and maintenance.
- Reveal potential “deal breakers”—issues that make the home purchase not worth it to you.
- Have one final opportunity to back out of the purchase before the closing process begins.
Get an Inspection to Know What You Are Buying
Purchasing a home is one of the most significant investments you will make in your lifetime. Moving forward with a complete understanding of the property—inside and out—will ensure you make a wise investment. Turn to Classic City Home Inspection for a reliable inspection that helps you confidently move forward in your purchase.
Our expert inspector, David Shepherd, brings years of experience to your home inspection. His process is incredibly thorough, and he takes the time to answer your questions and provide repair advice. Count on our team to tell you the truth about a property before you buy.
Is it bad not to get a home inspection? It is if you want to make the best investment. Contact Classic City Home Inspection today to learn more about the benefits of our residential and commercial property inspections.